History of the Puecherhof and the Estate Zinnenberg (Merlon Mountain)

 

1446 Salomon Puecher left his entire property to the cloister of Wilten in Innsbruck, including the “Puecherfof” with approx, 3 hectar of land. In exchange he was guaranteed the right to be supplied by the convent for a lifetime and to be remembered, a year after his death with a mass for his soul welfare.

 

After the transition of the court to the convent, its vineyard were doubled. The annual deliveries of the court owners amounted, beside the the amount due to Martini (November 11th), of 20 Bernese pounds (e guilders), half a zield of the wine harvest witch was to be delivered to the Blos-Hof in St. Paul. Another “Tenuta” in possession of the cloister Wilten. In 1521 the amount to be delivered of wine was fixed to “1 cartload”/approx 624 bitres. It was grown the Lagrein, one of the oldest sorts, still growing today in South Tirol.

 

1540 Franz Franzin took over the Puecherhof from the Family Walch, witch managed it since 1480.

 

1570 Mathias and Florian Franzin, sons of the Franz, receive a coat of arms letter. Beginning with 1619, owner of the Puecherhof and his sons Eustachius and Paul, will hold the title “from and to Mareidt”. The close Ansitz Mareidt, from the 13th century, was also possessed by the Franzin Family in the 17th century.

 

Between 1620 and 1630 Eustachius Franzin instead of the inherited Puecherhof builds the today’s Estate Zinnenberg and receives the mark of nobility “from Zinnenberg” in 1632. In 1652 an other coat of arms improvement is conceded to the Franzin. The noble seat Kampan had got in the possession of the family by Bartlmäh Franzin, a grandson of the Eustachius, and the title “from Zinnenberg to Mareidt and Kampan” was granted. In 1672 Johann Baptist, another grandson of Eustachius, is lifted to the baron’s state and is thereafter called “Baron of Zinnenberg, Weissheim, Mareidt and Kampan”. In the chapel of Gaid Eustachius Franzin is shown together with his 3 wives and the 16 children.

 

Eustachius Franzin together with his 3 wives and 16 children

 

 

His latest son Franz Wilhelm takes over Zinnenberg. To the rise of the house Franzin in the 16-th century, was followed in the

18th century by noticeable more tense times, witch affected especially the family's headquarter Zinnenberg. Franz Wilhelm had three sons, Franz Eustachius – canon in Trento and priest of Kaltern, Christoph Paul, - Imperial council and Austrian accountant and Josef – high council in Bolzano. After the death of Christoph Paul in 1728, Ferdinand Anton Freytag to Plazegg secured himself the property of Zinnenberg. The ground were sold and incorporated to other farms.

 

The decline continued by sales under the owner Maria Eva Dornacher-Stark between 1772 and 1787. The debts compared with the cloister Wilten piled up, until 1787 the baron von Yrsch paid the debts and took over the Estate. Karl von Yrsch was married with the old granddaughter of Eustachius, Maria Anna Gabriella Franzin. In the 19-th. century the property went through the hands of various farmers.

 

At the middle of the 20th century the enterpriser Maximilian Staffler from Bolzano acquired the very dilapidated estate and restored it.

 

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. . ..

I accept cookies from this site